Astrophotography is arguably one of many extra technically difficult genres of images on the market. And even in case you do know what you’re doing, it may be difficult in case you can’t simply see what you’re doing. And in case you’re new to all of it, it’s particularly troublesome.
On this video, Trevor Jones at AstroBackyard offers us his high 10 suggestions for taking pictures astrophotography and solutions a variety of questions you will have about gear and approach. Trevor additionally covers a few of the logistical facets of astrophotography, too, together with powering your cameras for lengthy intervals of time within the chilly darkish night time.
These are ten of the commonest questions Trevor receives in relation to astrophotography and I’ve seen loads of these popping up on social media and even within the feedback part right here on DIYP. Regardless of being virtually 23 minutes lengthy, this video just isn’t a whole information, however it does cowl a complete wealth of knowledge.
- Which filter ought to I take advantage of?
- Ought to I take advantage of a refractor telescope or a digital camera lens?
- Which telescope ought to I improve to?
- Do I would like to change my digital camera for astrophotography?
- The place can I purchase used astrophotography gear?
- What’s the proper backspacing for my digital camera and telescope?
- How do I focus my digital camera and telescope?
- How do you energy your setup within the area?
- Do you actually go away your gear out within the chilly?
- Which software program ought to I take advantage of for picture processing?
Every query is affected by different astrophotography suggestions, hints and issues for you to consider, so it’s properly value a watch in case you’re eager about giving it a go, and undoubtedly value a watch if you wish to take issues critically. Though, if you’re taking issues extra critically, you’re about to enter a complete new costly world!
What’s your favorite astrophotography tip?