Final fall Bullitt Group launched the Cat S62 Pro exterior the US after which in April 2021 the S62 Pro launched in the US. The S62 Professional launched at $699 with a give attention to the built-in thermal imaging digicam that I might be testing this coming week in a shipyard.
The brand new Cat S62 doesn’t have a thermal imaging digicam, however most of the similar options and specs match the S62 Professional. A few of us work in areas often called hazardous zones so it was nice to see the S62 licensed to be used in Class 1, Division 2, Group A-D, and T4 hazardous places, which is one thing I have never seen with different telephones.
The Cat S62 might be launched completely from T-Cell for $498, as a part of its Connecting Heroes initiative. It is a stable value for a rugged cellphone with all of those options and ought to be interesting to discipline staff and enterprise prospects that want a cellphone that may face up to virtually all components.
Cat S62 specs
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Show: 5.7-inch, 2160 x 1080 pixels decision, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Working system: Android 10 (Android 11 replace marketed for this fall)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB with microSD card slot
- Rugged rankings: IP68 mud/water-proof, MIL-STD-810H shock resistant, -22 to 167-degree temperature resilience
- Cameras: 48MP and 2MP rear cameras. 8MP front-facing digicam.
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou, NFC
- Battery: 4000 mAh non-removable Fast Cost 4.0 and wi-fi charging help
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 76.2 x 12.7mm and 260 grams
- Colours: Black
Along with the important thing rugged specs, the Cat S62 handed a bleach wipe take a look at with 3000 cycles, pressurized alcohol abrasion take a look at at 55gF per sq. centimeter over a whole bunch of cycles, six ft drop testing onto metal, and extra. The cellphone is constructed to final and is Android Enterprise Prepared. The show additionally helps carrying gloves and utilizing it with moist fingers.
Along with typical energy and quantity buttons, a programmable secret’s current so you may customise it for Google search, flashlight on, or one other vital app that you must launch rapidly and repeatedly.