J.B. Hunt Transport Companies Inc. has revealed a report for its subsidiary J.B. Hunt Transport Inc. detailing the corporate’s progress in 2020 towards environmental, social, and company governance efficiency. The 2020 Sustainability Report, a primary of its type for the corporate, highlights many ESG achievements for the 12 months, together with:
- Avoiding an estimated 3.5 million metric tons of CO2e emissions by changing over-the-road hundreds to intermodal.
- Serving to firm drivers keep away from an estimated 4.3 million empty miles with J.B. Hunt 360°®, a multimodal digital freight market.
- Finishing its first supply utilizing a heavy obligation class 8 electrical automobile.
- Including its fifth worker useful resource group, PLUS(+), which offers a protected, genuine area for LGBTQIA+ staff and supporters.
- Celebrating the primary five-million-mile protected driver in firm historical past.
- Persevering by the COVID-19 pandemic and holding the nation’s freight transferring.
- Growing and implementing new applied sciences that complement J.B. Hunt’s dedication to creating essentially the most environment friendly transportation community in North America.
“With the enlargement of our environmental, social, and governance (ESG) disclosures on this 2020 Sustainability Report, we’re taking the following step on our sustainability journey,” added John Roberts, president and CEO of J.B. Hunt, within the report. “We’re enthusiastic about this progress and are proud to be leaders in sustainable transportation, serving to to drive the business towards a low-carbon future.”
Ready in accordance with the Activity Drive on Local weather-related Monetary Disclosures (TCFD), World Reporting Initiative (GRI), and SASB frameworks, the 2020 Sustainability Report particulars the corporate’s dedication to staff, prospects, shareholders, distributors and suppliers, and the communities it serves. The report, in addition to extra info on J.B. Hunt’s sustainability initiatives, is obtainable on the corporate’s website.
About J.B. Hunt
J.B. Hunt Transport Companies, Inc., an S&P 500 firm, offers progressive provide chain options for a wide range of prospects all through North America. Using an built-in, multimodal strategy, the corporate applies technology-driven strategies to create the most effective resolution for every buyer, including effectivity, flexibility, and worth to their operations. J.B. Hunt providers embrace intermodal, devoted, refrigerated, truckload, less-than-truckload, flatbed, single supply, remaining mile, and extra. J.B. Hunt Transport Companies, Inc. inventory trades on NASDAQ beneath the ticker image JBHT and is a part of the Dow Jones Transportation Common. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is an entirely owned subsidiary of JBHT. For extra info, go to www.jbhunt.com.
Furnishings Trade Information and in depth journal articles for the furnishings retail, furnishings producers, and furnishings distributors.
Read other articles by Nic Ledoux