Searching for methods to seize scrolling screenshots in your Android smartphone? Seems you could have come to the appropriate place! On this detailed article, we now have listed a number of strategies utilizing which you’ll be able to seize scrolling screenshots or lengthy screenshots in your Android smartphone in few easy steps.
Spotlight current adjustments
I’m certain you utilize the screenshot feature in your smartphone very often. Whereas this function has been round on Android and iOS units for a extremely very long time, the identical can’t be mentioned in regards to the scrolling screenshot function. In actual fact, as of Could 2021, Google is but to natively allow scrolling screenshots on inventory Android.
This additionally signifies that smartphones from Google and the likes of Motorola, Sony, and Nokia – all of which run inventory Android – don’t natively assist scrolling screenshots. What makes the state of affairs all of the extra infuriating is that almost all smartphone distributors have managed to bake this function on their customized Working Methods for ages now. So it’s not that Android smartphones throughout the board can not seize scrolling screenshots.
On this article, we first discover the way to seize scrolling screenshots on smartphones working inventory Android. This repair will allow you to seize scrolling screenshots on units made by Motorola, Nokia, and even Sony. Within the second half, we check out the methods you are able to do the identical activity on a few of the extra standard Android skins.
As a result of there is no such thing as a method to natively seize scrolling screenshots on Android (as of Android 11), you will have to depend on third-party apps for this.
Whereas you’ll get lots of apps while you seek for scrolling screenshots on the Google Play Retailer, one app that appears to be everybody’s favourite is LongShot. It helps the auto-scroll function, which makes the duty quite simple. Right here’s how you should use Longshot to seize scrolling screenshots on telephones working inventory Android
- Download Longshot from the Google Play Store.
- Set up the app and grant all the required permissions.
- In Longshot settings, be sure to faucet the checkbox subsequent to “Auto Scroll.”
- The app will now immediate you to offer it extra permissions. Grant all permissions.
- Open the app and now clock the Blue Digital camera icon subsequent to “Seize Screenshot.”
- You will notice one other immediate. Faucet “begin now” and open the app on which that you must seize the lengthy screenshot.
- As soon as on the app or webpage, click on the “Begin” button. The app will now robotically begin capturing scrolling screenshots.
- As soon as it reaches the underside, it would immediate you to save lots of the picture or edit it earlier than saving.
For Android 12, anticipated to be launched in September 2021, Google lastly added a local choice to take scrolling screenshots. The function was launched within the third Beta for the OS, and works just a little bit completely different than normal – and should change till the steady launch.
It’s attention-grabbing to notice that Google solely means that you can take prolonged screenshots in apps and never from web sites like NextPit, for instance, opened within the Chrome browser. So, you may share screenshots of a Twitter thread, however you may’t do the identical with a narrative from a webpage. Utilizing a supported machine with the beta, observe these steps:
- Discover the web page of the app you need to seize;
- Then, press on the identical time the buttons to activate the machine and quantity down;
- Within the decrease left nook of the display will seem a preview of the screenshot and the buttons to “Share”, “Edit” and “Seize extra”. Click on Seize Extra;
- Each the highest and backside of the display to be captured might be prolonged, and a magnifying glass will seem to offer a greater view of the content material, permitting you to make a extra exact minimize;
- If you’re glad with the outcome, merely click on the Save button. You can too share the seize proper from the final web page, or edit it by including additional textual content and annotations.
Stunning as it could appear, Samsung as of now solely affords the choice to manually seize lengthy screenshots. It missed out on the very handy auto-scroll function.
Anyway, the steps to seize scrolling screenshots on Samsung smartphones are as follows:
- Maintain the ‘Quantity down’ button and ‘Energy’ button on the identical time.
- As soon as the screenshot is captured, faucet on the “scroll seize” possibility on the underside left nook.
- You’ll need to repeat the process till you resolve the web page.
- Maintain the “Quantity Down” and “Energy Button.”
- Click on the “Scroll possibility” on the highest proper part proper under the preview field.
- The screenshot might be taken robotically. Click on cease when required.
Tips on how to seize scrolling screenshots on Oppo telephones (Additionally relevant for Realme smartphones)
- Maintain the ‘Quantity Down’ and ‘Energy’ buttons.
- When the preview of the screenshot seems, click on the arrow button proper beneath it.
- Click on cease when required.
Be aware that LG smartphones don’t but assist the very handy auto-scroll function. What you are able to do, nonetheless, is to make use of the Prolonged Seize function to take lengthy screenshots. Here’s what that you must do:
- Open the net web page of your selection.
- Pull down the notification bar, then discover and choose Seize+.
- Return to the net web page and choose Prolonged within the decrease proper nook.
- As soon as the method has began, the display will scroll. After you have captured the whole lot you need, you may merely faucet to cease it.
- To save lots of the screenshot, faucet the tick within the higher left nook and choose the place you need it saved.
- Find the display that you just need to take a scrolling screenshot of
- Maintain down on the Energy and Quantity down buttons on the identical time
- After a number of seconds an animation will seem, letting that you just’ve efficiently captured the picture
- Earlier than the animation disappears, faucet on the Scrollshot possibility
- Virtually instantly, your telephone will start scrolling down on the display and add to the unique screenshot. It’s going to proceed to scroll till you faucet on the display, which tells it to cease.
- The scroll shot will now seem in your show so that you can examine. From right here, you may Share, Edit, or Delete the picture.
Do you regularly use the screenshot perform in your Android smartphone? And have you ever ever felt the necessity for the aforementioned lengthy screenshots? Do tell us within the feedback under!
This text was final up to date in July 2021. Older feedback have been retained.